[Gllug] iPhone 4 or Android phone

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 12:45:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:39:06AM +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:

> Both and none is the answer then. I have ssh on my HTC Hero and I
> believe it is available on the iPhone. Neither of them however is a good
> client for a cli except in the most urgent of emergencies. Generally if
> I need to get real system access on the move I'll connect my laptop up
> via the Hero which is extremely easy and just works.

This is what I am thinking of using android for -- emergency access; I don't
want to carry my netbook around all the time; I rarely get emergency support
calls from customers - but it would be nice to be able to login if/when
the need arose. It would also be nice to able to ssh into my home machine
& look the occasional things up.

> On Apple if you want to do something interesting you have to hope that
> "there's an app for that". On the Android platform you can write it
> yourself if you want to and share it with others without needing them to
> jailbreak their phones.

+1

--
Alain Williams