[Gllug] Flexible waterproof keyboards ... scam?

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Sat Jul 31 18:50:29 UTC 2010

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 17:32:24 +0200, salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:
> I might have to get one of these for my VJ work. Could keep the laptop
> safely out of the way of spilled drinks and not have to worry about the
> keyboard.

If you take Dylan's comments on board then I'd expect that if you went
ahead and got one anyway you'd be ... erm ... bitterly disappointed.

I mentioned that I was after one to use in conjunction with my OpenMoko
(another disappointment, but that's another story) and Niall Mansfield
very generously offered to mail me his, to avoid me wasting my money.

After using it for a fairly short while, I was ashamed that I'd wasted
his money on the postage -- I should have just believed him when he said
it was worthless.  I'm willing to post it to you in order to inoculate
you against the idea of buying one -- the postage would be worth it to
no longer have the thing cluttering the place up. ;-)

Cheers, Phil.