[Gllug] Body lotion

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 09:01:59 UTC 2010

On 24 July 2010 17:36, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:

> Update: After proper application of thermal grease and a BIOS update
> [thanks flashrom!]  so that the kernel can throttle the cores, the
> average CPU temperatures are now down to a not very balmy 35C (down
> from 80C-100C before).
>
> So for a total outlay of under a tenner I've saved a computer which I
> was on the verge of throwing out.

catching this thread a bit late... it sounds like misapllied or a bad
batch of paste - a load of hp 6715b laptops had thermal grease probs -
mine had fans on full blast and still ran hot enough to cut out on
warm days until I got some new grease and applied it - runs quiet and
fairly cool now, esp after cleaning the fan exhaust - hust a shame I
left it too late and need a new battery as this one got cooked and now
empties in about 300 seconds

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk