[Gllug] Linux device for scripting/terminal access

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 00:06:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 12:49:59AM +0100, gvim wrote:
> On 08/07/2010 00:40, Tethys wrote:
>>
>> The Dell Streak is a pretty enormous Android phone. For me, it's too
>> big to be a phone, and too small to be a netbook, which sounds like
>> the sort of thing you're asking about. Personally, though, I've gone
>> for a Nokia N900 instead.
>>
>> Tet
>
> So you can get a Linux terminal with bash & Perl on this? They keyboard
> looks handy with some kind of stylus.

I have the Nokia N810 and use it a lot for music, books,
notes and calendaring.

Bash versions 2 and 3 are both available, but the Perl is
very mininal. Lots of Python though, as many of the apps
are written in that.

Also the keyboard is missing a few important keys for UNIX
programming, such as the single quote, pipe and escape.