[Gllug] Mouse/X issue

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sat Jun 26 12:49:24 UTC 2010

I have a very badly behaved mouse - at random times (such as now) it (or the OS) behaves as if the scroll wheel was continually in motion, even though it's not being touched.

This *seems* to start after the mouse wheel has been used - ie if the mouse wheel is not touched the behaviour will not be seen, if it is used then the behaviour could start at any time.

It's not the mouse hardware itself - I bought a new mouse it displays the same behaviour.

I initially suspected this is was hardware issue with the USB in my box - but I am not entirely convinced (eg cat /dev/usbmon0 does not show a constant stream of input when the mouse is not being touched) - so it may be an X windows issue.

Anybody had similar issues?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk