[Gllug] Re-access broken remote connection to process?

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 12:05:02 UTC 2010

I have not used SSH, but if its anything like telnet, once a connection is lost
the process normally dies, or remains running but inaccessible since the socket
to which it is connected no longer exists.
The only way I found around that problem with telnet is to connect to an
intermediate process listing on a specific port to which it is bound, which
then connects onward to the real telnet daemon. Then if the connection dies it
is possible to reconnect via the fixed port number.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk