[Gllug] Last Night's Meeting

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 08:31:11 UTC 2010

--------

>The conclusion was certainly not what I expected it to be and a sorry
>state of affairs for Free Software typesetting.

I don't think it's quite that bleak. As I mentioned, free software is
very strong in many areas. It's just that it's very much lacking when
it comes to the actual layout and typesetting part. And even then, it's
fine for most textbook style layouts. It's just that we currently don't
have a valid answer for when more complex layouts are required.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk