[Gllug] Last Night's Meeting

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Jun 22 18:45:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 09:57:07PM +0100, - Tethys wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > That's... old. Looks like TeXLive 2007 or even earlier?
> >
> > Try upgrading to 2009, it's been out for over a year now.
> >
> > (What distro is this? Even Debian is on 2009 now.)
>
> Odd. It's unlike Fedora to be anywhere but on the bleeding edge:
>
> > Package texlive-xetex-2007-48.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
>
> This is F12, but still, I'm surprised to see out of date packages. I'm
> not sure I can be arsed to manually install it, given that an upgrade
> to F13 is probably imminent anyway, and that has the newer version in.

Don't bother.  TeXLive 2010 is scheduled for Fedora *14* and is
evidently a very large upgrade, so large that it's stopped all other
work on TeX for ages:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive

The version of PGF in Fedora is also ancient.  I had to install my own
version alongside by hand to get the useful features.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat