[Gllug] [OT] Summer and DSL etc

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Jun 17 09:08:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 09:18 +0100, tid wrote:
> hear hear. I'm also suffering from occasional dropout ( ~4/day ) have
> given
> up on BT, having replaced all the components ( router, microfilter,
> cable)
> and am still having problems. Can anyone confirm that if I disconnect
> all internal wiring from the master socket, the problem *must* lie
> with BT's kit?

BT is responsible for everything up to the master socket in your home.
The master socket itself is BT property so they are responsible for that
however it's impossible to determine that a service is not working
properly without connecting something of your own to it.

Certainly however you should disconnect everything from the master
socket when testing. Don't forget if you have an alarm or other directly
wired device to bear that in mind too.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk