[Gllug] Network Simulation Tools (netkit, cloonix-net) to the attention of John, Noël or any other interested...

Richard LEGER richard.leger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:15:40 UTC 2010

Ciaran,

Thank you for organisation of last thursday GLLUG event, the libguest
presentation was really intersting...

Noël, John,

Looking forward to the wireshark presentation at next month GLLUG event...
would you have more information about it (such as date, time of event), let
us know...

John,

Following our first meeting at the GLLUG event last thursday, as we
discussed, find below information about tools for making network simulation
via Virtual Machines...

Netkit (http://wiki.netkit.org <http://wiki.netkit.org/index.php/Main_Page>)
that I have been using for my current training
Cloonix-Net (http://cloonix.net) an interesting one that I may test later
on... and from which you can now simulate network based on OpenWrt KVM
machines (new feature since 2009-12 apparently)

They seems to be other as well that I have not yet looked into in detail but
that seem providing similar features...
Vde
Vnuml
Marionnet