[Gllug] Mercurial or Subversion for single user?

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Tue Mar 23 13:56:35 UTC 2010

Progga wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:13:51AM +0000, gvim wrote:
>

>> So, what would be the best option. I'm inclined to go with Mercurial at this stage.
>>

> I use both and won't say that hg is way more useful than svn.  People who do
> lots of merging really like hg, but then I don't do lots of merging :-)
>
> If you do want to go for hg at the end then check Joel Spolsky's hg tutorial at
> http://hginit.com

SVN is fine for a single user as long as you don't want to be branching
and merging a lot. Linus' big complaint is how badly it scales and
that's not a factor for you. The thing it had that the others didn't a
couple of years back was good integration with Eclipse but maybe that
has changed now too.

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk