[Gllug] Automatic mail archiving

Andy Millar andy at andymillar.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 12:02:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 11:20 +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> If you're on a lot of mailing lists, you might find this handy:
> http://bit.ly/axamTe

That's quite a nice idea.

I do exactly the same thing, manually, when I've read/dealt with an
email, that way my Inbox really is for things that still need dealing
with.

I *hate* the Gmail idea of everything being in your Inbox (that said,
I've never actually used Gmail) and people who use their Deleted Items
folder as an archive for their old mail (and they really don't see why
this is a bad idea).

That said, I actually organise mine by month instead of year.

Andy