[Gllug] Advice on ADSL line attenuation and noise margin

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 21:37:07 UTC 2010

The 'master socket' my brother bought came from broadbandhelp.co.uk (or
something like that) amd he thinks its the adslnation one.
It could well be the same one that solwise sell  - he checked the other day
and the one he bought is now apparently out of stock til April!
He also bought a 'high quality modem cable' for two quid - the cable that
sits between the wall socket and the router itself;  whether or not this
contributes anything noticeable or not is a matter of conjecture!

I will be getting one for our ADSL connection at the office to try as well -
we only get a crap 2Mbps due to distance from the exchange, so any improvement
will be worth having.  Will report further on that in due course.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk