[Gllug] Port forwarding over ssh...

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Wed Mar 10 18:19:49 UTC 2010

On 10 March 2010 18:15, general_email at technicalbloke.com
<general_email at technicalbloke.com> wrote:
> Ege, you're a star! It turns out I needed -L not -D, thanks a lot for
> that! And v.sorry for spelling your name wrong in my previous post too!

I can't imagine why the DynamicForward option didn't work. Can you
paste the output of "ssh -vvv -D 9999 you at host"? If the remote sshd
permits SOCKS proxying then this should Just Work. Certainly a lot
less clunky than pretending your remote machine is actually your local
machine with ssh -Llocalport:remotehost:remoteport.

It'd be nice to get to the bottom of this anyway!

/joel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk