[Gllug] Hitachi SMS-100

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:46:03 UTC 2010

On 25 March 2010 18:52, N. Pauli <npauli at st-johns.org.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We're currently considering one of these as a SAN to replace our current directly attached storage RAID5 file server.

Having a quick look at that, it has either fibrechannel or iSCSI connectivity.
If FC, do you REALLY REALLY want to start coping with implementing a
new FC SAN in a high school environment?

And before anyone calls bullshit, I've personally replaced two SR
GBICs, one MR GBIC and one LR GBIC in the last week, plus recently
installed umpty Tbytes of SATA disk and extended an FC SAN.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk