[Gllug] Mercurial or Subversion for single user?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:46:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:

> Don't forget the awesome power of the 's' key (in git add -p mode),
> which splits up the hunks to be smaller and smaller.  This means you
> can split up even closely related changes.

At work, we went from darcs to git, adn now back to darcs again. The
single thing I miss most about git is the 's' key in "add -p" mode.

> And (I discovered the other day) you can even edit the hunks
> manually before they get added.

How? Even splitting patches wasn't always fine-grained enough for me,
and it only let me split the patch into multiple hunks as defined by
diff. I sometimes wanted to further subdivide an individual hunk,
when multiple logical changes affected a single block of code, but
couldn't see a way to do it.

Tet

--
“It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be
wrong.” -- Chris Torek
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk