[Gllug] Netgear DG834G ADSL Router

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 18:46:04 UTC 2010

Dear GLLUGers,

I've been using one of these for a number of years and it's
been rock steady.

However, I have a query about its connection to my private
LAN.  There's a display called "Attached Devices".  Most of
the time it shows nothing.  After a number of Refresh hits
it will show my main computer which has a fixed IP address.
This can disappear on subsequent Refresh hits.

It never shows my other machines which use DHCP for their
addresses.  Does it treat them differently?

I can't make contact with the other machines on the LAN.
Not even ping works.  Does this imply that ARP is not
implemented on the router?

Could this be because I'm using wireless connections and not
the Ethernet ports?

Any guidance much appreciated.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk