[Gllug] Analysing Exim logs

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Tue Mar 30 10:58:26 UTC 2010

This must surely exist but my Google-fu is failing me :-(

We run exim and process around 15,000 emails per day. I'm familiar with
eximstats and we use this to produce a daily summary report.

A lot of the mail we send is from e-commerce applications and clients
have asked for reports detailing delivery failures originating from
specific addresses (e.g. orders at example.com) so that they are forewarned
when someone has entered their details incorrectly.

Does anyone know of a tool that can report by sender, or a tool that
understands the exim format and can parse logs into a database for
further analysis ?

I'm looking at building a parser and plonking a reporting tool on the
front but I feel sure this must be a solved problem.

Can anyone recommend a suitable tool ?

Many thanks,

Simon.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk