[Gllug] Mercurial or Subversion for single user?

gvim gvimrc at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:13:51 UTC 2010

I'm looking to start using a revision control system for my work which usually involves:

- Work at home on code project
- rsync to laptop
- Take project away on laptop at weekend
- Return and rsync back to desktop

Subversion, Git and Mercurial seem to be the most popular but a cursory glance at Git suggests it's well beyond what I need so that leaves Subversion and Mercurial. Subversion is client/server whereas Mercurial is distributed but the distinction may not be relevant in a single-user scenario. I read Subversion has/had some renaming issues but didn't delve into it too deeply.

So, what would be the best option. I'm inclined to go with Mercurial at this stage.

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk