[Gllug] Partition a 2 TB drive for storing films

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Mar 6 18:01:38 UTC 2010

I've just bought a 2 TB Seagate USB drive (130 squids from Maplin) to
store my film collection on, replacing an older 750G one.

I was pleased to see that at last it didn't come formatted with one
large FAT partition.  Instead it had one large NTFS partition, so that
had to go.

Is there any reason for me not to just make one large ext3 partition?
Is there anything else more suited to a large filesystem?  Note that
there will be a relatively small number of largish (2 to 4 gig) files on it.

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk