[Gllug] OT: Replace old model WD Raptor with new within CentOS

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue May 25 06:42:43 UTC 2010

I recall that the controller in use is an LSI MegaRaid, in which case I would
imagine that the only people that could give you a definitive answer are the
tech support guys at LSI.   I have used them in the past - they are helpful -
and LSI have a toll-free number from the UK  (check their website).

If RAID is goin to be extremely picky and demand identical discs it has a major
design flaw in my view, since discs (and computer stuff in general) get revised/
replaced at very frequent intervals these days and a few years (or less) down
the line you invariably can't find the same disc on sale any more.
Maybe one should always buy at least one 'spare' at the same time and keep
tucked away in a drawer?

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk