[Gllug] Acrobat-like pdf editor for Linux ?

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Mon May 17 14:23:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 15:50, Troy Jendra wrote:
> On 17 May 2010 13:20,  <salsaman at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have downloaded a pdf form from Companies House which has data fields
>> in
>> it which have to be filled in. The program which I am using to view the
>> pdf (evince) does not seem to allow me to fill in the fields or click on
>> links, etc.
>
> What version are you using.  Version 2.28.1 from ubuntu karmic fills
> out forms fine for me(here is an example that I can edit and save -
> http://www.quask.com/samples/pdfforms/pcpurchase.pdf).

I am using the same version. I tried with the form you mention, and yes I
can edit, but as soon as I click on "next page" it breaks editing.

I also tried xpdf, but it is pretty much just a viewer.

In the past I have used kpdf, but I am loathe to install all of the
kdelibs just for that.

I had forgotten there was a version of Acrobat for Linux, so I guess I
will download that and try it.

Salsaman.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk