[Gllug] LiVES 1.3.3 released !

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Sun May 9 15:34:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 17:31, salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have released LiVES 1.3.3. This release has been extensively tested, and
> all reports are that it is rock solid stable.
>

> ChangeLog:
> Fix crash after moving blocks in multitrack (regression).
> Faster insertion of frames in multitrack.
> Optimisations for longer (10 minute+) clips in multitrack.
> Fix an issue with splitting/moving backing audio blocks in mt.
> Fix several thread concurrency issues. (Thanks to Thomas Holmgren) *
> Implement FULL jack timebase client.
> Improved a/v sync.
> Complete the implementation of the new player transport.
> Swap ctrl-page-up, ctrl-page-down in multitrack.
> Multitrack/mixer GUI improvements.
> Add some widgets from GTK+ Instrumentation Widgets
> Fix possible crash in rendered effect previews. *
> Show file close warnings for files not used in layouts (regression) *
> Properly unload decoder plugins on shutdown. *
> Play video during "record external audio to selection".
> Smoother resampling for external window capture.
> Fix some minor bugs in internal colourspace conversion. *
> Improved support for YUV colourspaces.
> Added two new effects, "comicbook" and "softlight".
> Enable realtime audio mixer in multitrack.
> Fixed some oddities when resizing window to fullscreen internal. * Allow
> pause/resume during encoding and opening.
> Reduce CPU usage when paused in effects or encoding.
> Add image overlay effect into core rendered effects.
> Add highly experimental x264 blu-ray video support (1080p NTSC and 720p)
> New preferences layout (Alexij Kolga).
> Add "advanced" tab to TV card/webcam input.
> Play selected time only in multitrack.
>

> Updated translations to Ukranian, Turkish, Spanish, Slovak, Russian,
> Polish, Occitan, Hebrew, Danish and Brazilian Portuguese.
>

> URLs:
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~salsaman/lives/current/LiVES-1.3.3.tar.bz2
> (source/bzip2, 2.9MB)
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~salsaman/lives/current/LiVES-1.3.3.tar.gz
> (source/gzip, 3.9MB)
>

> shasums:

> using gpg key with fingerprint found on
> http://lives.sourceforge.net/index.php?do=contact
>

> Enjoy !
>

> Gabriel.
> http://lives.sourceforge.net

LiVES is a Video Editing System. It is designed to be simple to use, yet
powerful. It is small in size, yet it has many advanced features.

LiVES is a Free, Open Source video editor *and* a VJ tool.

LiVES mixes realtime video performance and non-linear editing in one
professional quality application. It will let you start editing and making
video right away, without having to worry about formats, frame sizes, or
framerates. It is a very flexible tool which is used by both professional
VJ's and video editors - mix and switch clips from the keyboard, use
dozens of realtime effects, trim and edit your clips in the clip editor,
and bring them together using the multitrack timeline. You can even record
your performance in real time, and then edit it further or render it
straight away.

For the more technically minded, the application is frame and sample
accurate, and it can be controlled remotely or scripted for use as a video
server. And it supports all of the latest free standards.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk