[Gllug] Open Source Hardware User Group meeting on Thursday.

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Sun May 9 06:18:48 UTC 2010

On Sun 09 May, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote:
> > On Sat 08 May, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> >> aptop repairing at cost price and can drop it round to my place on
> >> Stamford Hill give me a shout (I will check it's running linux first
> >> mind, otherwise it's my normal markup! ;)
> >>
> >> Roger.
> >>

> >    1stComponents.com in Park Royal claim to be able to repair any make of
> > laptop down to component level.
> >

> That's interesting, I've never heard of them. I wonder if they fix them
> in house or if they outsource them to the same place I do. Have you ever
> used them? If so what are the prices like?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roger.

   They work in house, see www.1stcomponents.com (you may recognise the
address if you know 3ADL.com). They accept any work but also do wholesale
deals. If possible, decide what the fault(s) is(are), although one fault can
hide another (for example a common fault is a blown graphics chip, but that
can cause secondary damage to the screen or the multi-layer motherboard
tracks).

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk