[Gllug] FTP / network corruption?

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Fri May 28 13:25:53 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I have an odd problem with zip files being corrupted when pulled via
ftp. On the server I can unzip the file with no problem at all. However
when I ftp the file from a different location it downloads without error
but is always corrupted and I'm unable to unzip it.

Trying various combinations of ftp servers and clients all produce the
same corruption. However I can ftp from the server, using localhost
address and that does transfer the file without corruption. (I can serve
  the same files on a different server without problem)

The machine also runs Apache and I have noticed that some image files
that are hosted also will not display to remote clients. Those clients
complain that the files contain errors. Viewing on local host works fine.

There is nothing in the logs to indicate a problem. This is a new
machine with Kubunutu 10.04 LTS on it.

Apart from this binary file corruption the machine seems to be fine.
What do you think the cause of the corruption is?

TIA

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk