[Gllug] Talk this Thursday - please make an effort!

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon May 10 17:06:56 UTC 2010

Just a reminder that we have got a really top-notch talk lined up for Thursday.
As Ciaran said, there was a lot of paddling about under the surface to
pull this one off.

I have pulled in a favour or two from SGI and from former colleagues
at UCL to get this one off the ground.

Getting the head of technology of one of the bigegst supercomputer
companies to come talk to us is quite significant -
can I ask you allto make an effort to come along if you possibly can.
Even in supercomputing is not your thing, seeing a demonstration of
the latest gear will be great - and there will be the traditional
beers afterwards I'm sure. Meetings at UCL in the past have gone well,
and we have had several big speakers at events like this,
so please do your part in making this a memorable event. We need a
decent audience.

A reminder - its at 7pm on Thursday at UCL.

John Hearns
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk