[Gllug] OT: Replace old model WD Raptor with new within CentOS 4 RAID system?

gvim gvimrc at googlemail.com
Mon May 24 17:57:14 UTC 2010

On 24/05/2010 17:52, Richard Jones wrote:

> I might be missing the point, but what does the firmware in the
> disk have to do with anything?
>
> AFAICS this should just be a straightforward replacement.
>
> Rich.

The only other difference is that the old model is 1.5Gb/s max transfer whilst the new one is 3Gb/s but I'd assume the new one would simply work within the lower speed of the older disks if in the same RAID5 array. Besides, the LSI MegaRAID 150-4 is an old controller so probably doesn't support 3Gb/s so everything should run within the 1.5Gb/s max of the old disks.

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk