[Gllug] Broadand in London without phone land line

j.roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Wed Nov 3 11:48:36 UTC 2010

On 02/11/10 19:50, Richard LEGER wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am considering Virgin Media Broadband 10Mo package via Optic Fiber to
> home which seems the cheaper deal with quite a sufficient bandwidth for
> home usage.
>
> I was wondering what you think about Virgin as broadband supplier or if
> you would recommend a better supplier in London offering better deal for
> connecting a flat to Internet where there is no land line (so no adsl
> access).

We have three clients (or rather senior staff home use from clients) and
one staff member on Virgin cable for some years now.

As end-user services go it mostly works in our experience.

Technical support is feeble when it breaks, though. But then almost ALL
technical support for non-business class services is weak when it breaks
in our experience (fsnet/entanet/zen being definitely the least-worst of
those we have tried) simply due to low margins.

For non telephone wire broadband connections there's not a lot of choice.

--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com
244 Kilburn Lane

0845 838 5370