[Gllug] How to check if module is in kernel ?

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 15 15:54:36 UTC 2010

On Mon, November 15, 2010 15:33, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:57:44PM +0100, salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:
>> What about looking in /proc/kallsyms ? Is that standard ?
>
> No.  It can be configured out of the kernel, and a number of small
> distros do this because it adds considerable overhead.
>
> What is wrong with doing this the right way, like I said in my
> previous email?

There is nothing I can see in /proc or /sys.

vloopback does create video devices in /dev, although there is nothing to
distinguish them from other video devices. The only difference is the way
they are used - one client writes to the in device, and that data can be
read from the out device.

The only thing I can see is with dmesg:
[139226.338844] [vloopback_init] : video4linux loopback driver v1.3
[139226.339881] [vloopback_init] : Loopback 0 registered, input: video2,
output: video3
[139226.339886] [vloopback_init] : Loopback 0 , Using 2 buffers

Salsaman.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk