[Gllug] How to check if module is in kernel ?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 14 23:44:32 UTC 2010

On 14 November 2010 23:34,  <salsaman at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> OK, I found the ubuntu equivalent in /boot/config-`uname -r`.
>
> Is this standard on other distros now, or just ubuntu ?
Exist on SuSE. But remember this is the default kernel configuration
file - not necessarily the running kernel.
Seems really dumb to me that Ubuntu won't switch on the /proc/config.gz
I remember when that was first introduced (if I'm not wrong with the
2.6 series kernels) and breathing a big sigh of relief.
I can see no reason for not having it enabled. Doubtless a Debian
zealot will come along to prove me wrong.

Cardinal Fang! Fetch the comfy chair!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk