[Gllug] hourly/daily rate for linux systems admins?

Katie T katie at coderstack.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 19:44:17 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 7:24 PM, JLMS <jjllmmss at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I would say that a very good rate is £350 or more per day. A normal
> rate must be £200-300 per day. Bad rates is anything under £200.

According to my napkin calculation £200 - £300/day contractor rate would be
the equivalent of roughly between £28,000 - £51,000 permie rate which seems
reasonable (although my background is more in developer recruitment than
sysadmin recruitment so I may be wrong).

What would you say from your experience a permie sysadmin would earn for
doing the same job as a £300/day contrator ?

Katie
--
http://www.coderstack.co.uk