[Gllug] Dealing with "Word-Only" organisations

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Sat Nov 6 20:31:52 UTC 2010

On Sat 06 Nov, Jason Clifford wrote:

> To be fair however we do need to note that no government IT contract is
> simple. The problem is that specifications get changed - a lot. Each
> time there is a new government or a new fashion or even just a new
> headline in one of the tabloids the spec gets changed. None of us could
> realistically expect to deliver under those circumstances.
>
> It's not surprising then that those companies cannot deliver on their
> contracts or that they end up charging the earth for a failed project.

   On the other hand, I hear tales of total ignorance of some of the people
who were paid to write the specifications, and programmes written down to
those specifications however ludicrous, with high charges specified for each
and every change, however simple.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk