[Gllug] Samsung Galaxy Tab

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Mon Nov 15 16:54:39 UTC 2010

On 15/11/10 16:34, John Levin wrote:
> Has anyone got one? Or tried one?

My brother has one and loves it.  My feeling is it's about two inches
too small for a general browsing device so I'm waiting for a 9-10" version.

> And does anyone know if there are any efforts to put other distros upon it?

I'm not sure about other distros, there is a active community around
building custom Android images for all the devices - flashing the ROM is
fairly straightforward.  Also, all the developer tools work well on
Linux (not that I've used them on the Tab, but I have played around with
them on my HTC Desire).

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk