[Gllug] dd'ing a nearly empty disk to a SMALLER disk - is it possible?

Malcolm Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Tue Nov 2 18:06:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 08:58 +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> It's a bit unclear to me why you need to do this.  Is the 500GB disk
> failing?

No, it - the 500gb - is in my wife's fujitsu sibling, one of the 4
computers of the same type with XP preinstalled for 50 quid (which I
thought a bargain) and with upgraded ram still doing good useable
service being 2.8ghz P4s.

The disk that failed was my daughters fujitsu original disk, and as I
said no repair CDs with proprietary drivers and licence number were
supplied with the job lot.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk