[Gllug] Confusion about the "Sender" field in email headers.

Alistair Mann al at lgeezer.net
Mon Nov 29 12:13:16 UTC 2010

Progga wrote:
>  Hi all, I am wondering if anybody can clear my confusion about the
>  "Sender" field in email headers.  My understanding is that this field
>  is required when an email server is sending an email on someone's
>  behalf.

"Sender:" is not required according to the latest RFC in any
circumstance, so you should not assume anything about that field.
Different M*As could therefore put different things in there (if
anything at all) in identical circumstances. Your question then becomes
one about the difference between implementation at Drupal and Linkedin
and how that interacts with Gmail ... and that I don't know!

Cheers,
--
Alistair
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk