[Gllug] Kerberos

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Tue Nov 2 12:39:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 07:08:36AM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:

>    The latest debian installer being developed for squeeze offers a "ssh
> server" in tasksel, and when selected it installs kerberos.

As a punishment?  It would be slightly kinder to force them to sit
through the 4 hour talk on PAM, LDAP and Kerberos that I did at a GLLUG
meeting (when was that?  2000, 2001?  Anyway, I blame Ivan).

Joking aside, is there a practical benefit to using kerberos during the
installation process?

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.