[Gllug] Dealing with "Word-Only" organisations

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Fri Nov 5 13:45:22 UTC 2010

On 2010-11-05 13:42, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> On Fri, November 5, 2010 12:11, Rich Walker wrote:
>> Is there anything more likely to render the document correctly and
>> execute the macros? And is there any principle that such a body should
>> make their forms accessible to all, regardless of whether they own Word
>> or not?
>

> Honestly?  I switch my Windows machine on, load Word 2010 and get on with it.

I am (by chance) typing this on a Windows machine, but I don't have
Word. And I find it ... strange ... that a government organisation can
require ownership of MS software to enter into government programmes.
(Especially since you can't charge that as overhead...)

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
managing director      251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk