[Gllug] Dealing with "Word-Only" organisations

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Fri Nov 5 12:40:57 UTC 2010

On 2010-11-05 12:30, Alistair Mann wrote:
> Rich Walker wrote:
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  One for the collective brains here.
>>
>>  A certain "arms-length" government body runs various schemes where
>>  the application forms are laden with Word macros.

>>  And is there any principle that such a body
>>  should make their forms accessible to all, regardless of whether they
>>  own Word or not?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pas_78

Ooh - interesting. That appears to only cover the websites themselves,
though, and I'm not sure "doesn't own Word" qualifies as disabled per se...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
managing director      251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/              @shadowrobot
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk