[Gllug] Port filtering question

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Oct 4 08:39:34 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 10:21:57AM +0100, Alistair Mann wrote:
> I know enough to drive selinux on my Debian box here but not much more:
> /selinux appears to be a default working directory rather than
> configuration files: those, like yours, also live in /etc/selinux.

/selinux is a virtual directory (like /proc) which is used to
communicate between the userspace and kernel parts of selinux.
Normally you can just ignore it (except to ensure that the boot
scripts have mounted it).

/etc/selinux contains configuration files.

SELinux is a complex beast.  I found this book useful:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SELinux-Example-Security-Enhanced-Development/dp/0131963694/

Rich.

--
Richard Jones