[Gllug] bios boot of hp pavilion n5412

Alistair Mann gllug at lgeezer.net
Fri Oct 29 23:52:52 UTC 2010

david at gbenet.com wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
>  I've tried pressing the esc f1 and del keys to boot into the bios of
>  a HP Pavilion N5412 without much success - the hard disk has failed
>  and I want to boot to CD. I've tried f12 to see if I can get a boot
>  from other devices - no luck.

If you don't need what's on the hard drive for whatever purpose it is
that you need a desktop-booted-from-cd, open it up and disconnect that
drive. BIOSen will often wait on the IDE responding, which might never
happen hence your problems.

If you /do/ want what's on the hard drive, and seeing what's there is
your purpose in booting from CD, I would suggest reconnecting the drive
to different computer via a usb caddy once that different machine has
booted into OS.

Cheers,
--
Alistair Mann