[Gllug] Monitoring a user session

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Oct 11 19:55:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 06:53:38PM +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>

> What do people recommend?

The venerable ttysnoop is just fine for this.  Note that you'll ned to
set UseLogin = yes in sshd_config and either recompile sshd to use
ttysnoops as the login program or replace the login binary with
ttysnoops for the duration.

You can practice with telnet, which is easier to set up with ttysnoop;
there are decent instructions in the Debian packge.

--
Bruce

Get thee behind me, Stan: for it is written, thou hast gotten me into
another fine mess.  -- Oliver 4:8