[Gllug] Monitoring a user session

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 09:06:30 UTC 2010

On 11 October 2010 20:03, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
> On Mon, October 11, 2010 18:53, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>> What do people recommend?
>
> You clearly don't trust him, don't let him log in.

I trust him.
The engineer is doing an install and configuration of a complicated
product. It takes about 2-4 hours to install and configure.
He is installing it on one system, and I will then be installing it on others.
So, I will be in a teleconf with him, but also wish to see everything
he does, and also log it so that I can repeat the exercise.
It is really him training me but we are not in the same room.
Everything is done in a terminal window.

Kind Regards

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk