[Gllug] Human memory

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Oct 17 21:53:37 UTC 2010

On 16 Oct 2010, David L. Neil stated:
> Do you use a tool for this job (beyond your own memory)? How about Trac
> with its wiki for notes and the 'issues' side as both a ToDo and
> 'HowDone'(when done) record? Perhaps use a blog tool, taking advantage
> of tags and text search?

I use org-mode, which is sort of like a filofax on steroids and
amphetamines, combined. Downside: insanely complex, rebarbative
keybindings (but then it *is* an Emacs package).

However I've only been using it (and indeed keeping a formal log of
anything but software installations) for a couple of years, so stuff
older than that is still lost in the mists of time.

> * a quaint, if antiquated technology involving dead trees and a
> monochromatic word processor known as a "ball-point" - only distantly
> related to an "IBM golf ball", but a significant improvement on the dip
> pens and quills with which we first trained...

This technology is incompatible with my neuroware unfortunately.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk