[Gllug] [OT] What's with all the messy posts.

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Tue Oct 5 22:19:40 UTC 2010

On Tue 05 Oct, Victor Churchill wrote:

> Regarding the original question of how to filter out poorly formatted
> emails, I suspect that that is quite a Big Problem.

   Perhaps you wish to find poorly formatted text you produced so that you
can correct it. My system can warn me if I am about to send an email with
long lines.
   Otherwise, do you wish to reject an email because a single long line
exists? Perhaps it contains a seriously long URL, or just happened to hit
the edge of the window in a way that did not emphasize a problem when it was
composed. I see plenty of examples in otherwise correct text, but trying to
isolate the occasional bad apple would be difficult.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk