[Gllug] Flash on RedHat Linux

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 23:18:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:09:20AM +0100, Phil Hands wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:09:13 +0100, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> > A traditional .profile/... is OK, but you get interesting things like Debian
> > calling 'firefox' 'iceweazle',
>
> Just because we've renamed the package from firefox to iceweasel to
> avoid the trademark (when used as a trademark) does not mean that things
> like renaming ~/.mozilla/firefox/ have also been done -- that would break
> things as you suggest, which would be have been a foolish thing to do.

IIRC what broke was something to do with the icon being of a different name, so it did
not appear in the tool bar. So nothing to do with the web browser itself, but
the gnome menu system. There might have been something else as well.
This was a couple of years ago that I got bitten by it ...

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk