[Gllug] Flash on RedHat Linux

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:15:49 UTC 2010

On 27 October 2010 16:37, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> Try running a NFS mounted $HOME where you have RedHat/Debian machines,
> or even just different versions of Gnome :-(
>
> Seriously: if anyone could tell me how to make that work I would be very grateful.

Just use KDE.

I ran into the same problems you must be having, in an environment
with Opensuse desktops
and NFS mounted /home
Things would work fine, until a user would change workstation or log
out and at random would have
a failure to start Gnome.
Cue much, much inspection of xsession logs, much wiping of .gnome2
directories and starting afresh,
much management asking why the heck couldn't I get things working.

Change logins to KDE and everything went sweet as from then on.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk