[Gllug] Monitoring a user session

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 19:18:47 UTC 2010

I have to operate on the other side of this particular fence: I trust
myself but am called upon to maintain various
rebarbative user systems / environments where I need to be able to
'prove' that adding a new user didn't shut
the network down or that logging onto the London samba server on
tuesday did not cause the Tokyo sybase
server to bork on sunday. I have a few clients who feel linux !=
windows therefore as they understand windows,
the devil *is* linux, and come out all guns blazing on any issue.

It's great for issues that become 'political' as I can show the client
exactly what I did, whereas the windows techies
are usually backed into the " I'm sure I clicked that button" corner.

It's not a full sys-level logging tool, but it'll do until one comes along.

Tid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk