[Gllug] A linux printer ?

Walter Stanish walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com
Tue Oct 5 02:37:26 UTC 2010

On a somewhat related note, recent shopping trip for scanners confirmed my
worst fears, basically that SANE supports a number of antiquated devices and
it's near-on impossible to find a scanner that actually works with Linux in
a real marketplace (I tested >20 here in China, joyfully spotty chipset
support, firmware downloads and exploratory config changes ensued with no
success).

Finally I settled on a low-end Nikon digital camera with good macro support
instead - 4GB memory, macro support, 3000xSomething resolution, a USB
card-reader, and a free water bottle for under 65GBP!

- Walter