[Gllug] Human memory

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Oct 17 16:01:28 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 11:44:28AM +0100, John Winters wrote:
> On 16/10/10 21:51, David L Neil wrote:
> > Do you use a tool for this job (beyond your own memory)?
>
> Currently I use Zim, which describes itself as a Desktop Wiki.
>
> I fell in love with this when I discovered that the hierarchy diagrams
> which I'd previously been constructing painstakingly by hand, could be
> embedded in Zim using GraphViz.  This produced something practically
> identical to what I had been using, but did 94.3% (*) of the work for me.

Another interesting "desktop wiki".  How does it compare to Tomboy and
GNote?

One interesting feature of Tomboy is the API which I used (for a
while) to try to automate and integrate bug management and to-do
lists:

http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2009/09/08/to-do-list-automation/

Zim looks like it lacks any equivalent API, which would make it less
useful.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones