[Gllug] TSNK: Thou Shall Not Kill www.TSNK.org Font Repository Proposal

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Oct 31 21:41:13 UTC 2010

On 31 Oct 2010, Krishna Birth spake thusly:

> I am interested to find out if font designers and other font sites would be
> interested to showcase their fonts with alteration to the k / K letter shape

There is essentially zero probability of any font designer ever doing
this, sorry. Font designers are stylists first and foremost, and
Devanagiri characters do not fit into the general shapes of Latin
characters. Text written as you'd like looks *ugly* to readers, so the
only people who would use such fonts are the same sort of people who
would voluntarily use Comic Sans (and they are already beyond
redemption).

> The result would be a boost for the font community showing fonts development
> and a pro bono cause.

We're already too short of decent free font designers. Please stop
trying to drive them off.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk